Caring For Support Workers
Care in the community means caring for our Support Workers too.
Care at Home (Shropshire) Limited’s Support Workers are supported by:
- A comprehensive induction training package.
- Support with achieving the care certificate, for those new to care work.
- Specialist training provided. Support with level 2 and 3 certificates in Health and Social Care.
- Full instruction for each job.
- Office support during office hours.
- Out of hours support.
- The interests of our Clients, Support Workers, and the Community we live in are what matters to us.
Some of our Support Workers have acheived level 2 and/or 3 certificates in Health and Social Care, with others working towards them.
Care at Home (Shropshire) Limited is proud to support an apprenticeship scheme, working together with County Training, the apprenticeship is delivered by Herefordshire and Ludlow College, and will equip people with the skills they need to pursue a career in Health and Socail care.
All of our Support Workers regularly complete the
following mandatory training courses:
- Emergency First Aid
- Infection Control
- Health and Safety
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Moving and Handling
- Safe Handling of Medicines
- Fire Training
- Mental Health Act (2005) & DoLS
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Dementia Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
Additional courses that Care at Home (Shropshire) Limited provide to our team of support workers are:
- End of Life Care
- Risk Assessment
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention